Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Jay and Silent Bob

Around four years ago before Kevin Smith had an exclusive contract with Marvel, he was putting out some comics at Image based on his New Jersey characters.
During that time Wizard had a contest where a creator would make a two-page comic based on characters from this universe and the winner would have their story published in a Clerks comic book.
I submitted two stories.
Shortly there after Kevin signed an exclusive contract with Marvel and I never heard anything about the contest or more Clerks comics again.
My comics' chops were fairly undeveloped at this time so these comics are a bit rough around the edges. I submit them here for your amusement.
Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge

The Japanese in this story was translated by my classmate and to my knowledge is completely correct.
The un-translated parts are...
"security"
and
"Help us Super Amazing Robo Blunt Boy"
Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge

This one I threw together because the deadline wasn't up and I wanted to do another.
Professor Incognito is a character from a short film I did about robots called "The Creations of Man" and his line is a reference to the Clerks cartoon. Whenever Randal and Dante would defeat the "villain" Leonardo Leonardo he would say "Well Played Clerks."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home