Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Space Barbarian

Since his death I've been thinking about Alex Toth a lot.
I got the idea of wanting to do a comic like the old Hanna Barberra cartoons that Alex Toth was integral in designing, but with art like the brilliant designs Toth did.
This is the first page of sketches that I've done for that.
I'm not sure what the name of the hero will be but he will be a "Space Barbarian". He is the figure with the long black hair and mask.
The boy and girl with the similar neck adornment are his two adopted children.
The other more developed figure is an unnamed villain.
I need to create a large assistant to the "Space Barbarian" possibly a creature or robot and hench-men for the villain.
Then of course come up with a story.
Click to Enlarge

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home